11.05.2011

Meatless Meatballs

These were a hit at the Halloween Party last week so I thought I'd share the recipe. Super easy, pretty cheap and yummy!


Ingredients:
1 cup bread crumbs (I used whole wheat but you could use any variety)
5 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk (soy milk worked fine too!)
3/4 cup grated romano cheese
1 clove garlic, chopped (I always add more!)
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

In large bowl combine all ingredients! Mix it well and let is set for 5 minutes.  Then put enough OIL (vegetable or olive oil) in large frying pan to come up to about 1/2" on the side of the pan.  Heat over medium heat.  Using Tablespoon, drop breadcrumb mixture into the oil and gently fry the balls until golden brown  3 to 4 minutes per side.  Drain on paper-towel lined plate.

I just served with jarred pizza sauce and it was yummy as an appetizer.  You can also serve it over pasta, with your favorite sauce in place of more fatty REAL meatballs.

No comments: