9.28.2011

3 Ingredient (or 4) Tomato Sauce

I'm happy to say that I am back to my love of cooking, after the 1st trimester of not wanting to cook AT ALL!  But, since I'm tired and busy with a toddler in this pregnancy I need quicker, simpler recipes.  This one fits the bill.

3 Ingredients (or 4 if you like garlic) + Pasta of your Choice=One DELICIOUS dish
Photo from steamykitchen.com

We like it saucy here at our house.  I think this amount is good for about 1/2 lb pasta.  For 1/2 lb pasta and this recipe it cost less than $2.50 (which is far less than most big jars of  pasta sauce!!)

Ingredients:
28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
4 TBSP unsalted butter
1 onion (peeled and halved)
3 cloves garlic (optional, I added this!)


Place the butter, onion, minced garlic and tomatoes+the juice into a sauce pan and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.  Remove the onion. Then, use the back of a wooden spoon to crush up the tomatoes after cooking.  EASY I SAY!!!!  Serve over your choice of pasta and ENJOY!!

Recipe slightly adapted from Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan

No comments: