Spinach and Edamame Pasta with Tofu
8-14oz Extra Firm Tofu cubed
1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2-1lb Pasta (depending on how much pasta you want)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
10-12 Asparagus Spears rough chop
3-4 cloves garlic minced
4-6 cups baby spinach
1 1/2 cup Edamame (shelled and cooked)
Shredded Parmesan or Roman Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixing bowl, toss cubed tofu and 1Tbsp Soy Sauce & 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil to coat. Place tofu on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp (turn over halfway)
2. While Tofu is cooking, bring water to a boil and cook pasta per directions. Drain pasta when done.
3. Meanwhile, in skillet over medium heat add 1 circle around the pan of EVOO. Once heated add asparagus and cook 3 minutes.
4. In the same skillet add garlic and shallot and cook until shallots are tender/clear. Then add in about 1 Tbsp Butter, cooked tofu, cooked edamame, & baby spinach. Add salt & pepper to taste and splash of soy sauce if desired.
5. Once spinach is wilted toss in pasta to coat and sprinkle Parmesan or Romano cheese on top. Enjoy!!
I play with this recipe alot so amounts are just recommended and you can easily add more/less or everything to your liking.